A well-guided personal training in Palm Springs, CA will surely help you lead a more active lifestyle, and your PT will be there to direct and support you along the way. However, if your goal is to lose weight, will a PT create a diet plan for you as well? Here is all you need to know about the nutritional aspect of your journey to a healthy and happy life.
What should I eat while training to lose weight?
Exercising helps you get healthier, more fit, and more energetic, while also helping you burn excess fat and increase muscle mass. This is why regular workouts are a necessary part of every weight loss plan. However, when it comes to nutrition, is there anything you should pay attention too as well?
When you’re planning to lose weight, your diet should be altered to fit your personal goals. This must be done knowingly and carefully, as all your meals should still have the appropriate nutritional value, and your diet must remain diverse. Here are some of the foods you should eat while training to lose weight:
- Start with a high-protein breakfast. Eggs are always a good choice, as they have a lot of protein and good fats. They will make you feel full, while still keeping you on a low-calorie intake.
- Make sure to include fish in your diet. Tuna is a low-calorie, high-protein choice that successfully replaces carbs and fat, while salmon can provide you with iodine and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Leafy greens such as kale and spinach are very rich in fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, so they are very suitable to be included in a weight loss plan.
- Avocado-based vegetable salad will help your body get rich in fiber and potassium, helping you stay hydrated and full.
- When it comes to choosing the type of meat to go with your diet plan, here is what you should know. Fatty meats get a green light in case you are on a low-carb diet. On the other hand, lean meats are a good choice for you if you are on moderate- to a high-carb diet.
Do personal trainers give nutritional advice?
Although some of the trainees looking to lose weight feel comfortable about creating their own diet plans, others feel a bit nervous. Are you worried you won’t be able to do it by yourself?
If you think you could use a hand in making a nutrition plan that will help you stay healthy and lose weight, here are some good news. A professional PT can give you nutritional advice and help you stick to your plan.
Can personal trainers give meal plans?
In case you are wondering if giving nutritional advice is a part of your trainer’s specializations or if it falls under a PT’s basic qualifications, here are a few pieces of information about the matter. Personal trainers can talk about nutrition and create tailor-made meal plans for trainees, so if you were about to ask your PT for advice about your diet, you are definitely free to do so.
However, this is only the case if you haven’t been diagnosed with a health condition and don’t require a meal plan or a food supplement to treat your condition. If you do, you should only get nutrition advice from PTs who have an RD (registered dietitian) credential.
Palm Springs, CA expert PTs are ready to help you reach your goals
What is Palm Springs renowned for? Palm Springs VillageFest, the famous Tramway, or the beautiful garden and preserve? All these answers are correct, but now, Palm Springs is also well-known for its expert PTs!
Welcome to the World Gym Palm Desert, home to experienced, professional PTs offering top-notch personal training sessions in Palm Springs, CA. Our active family is always happy to welcome new faces, and our dependable, friendly staff will always be there to support you. Whether you need an exercise plan, nutrition plan, or both, we’ve got your back. Contact us today, and feel free to train and have fun with us!