Who doesn’t want to be stronger, have more energy and look amazing? With some discipline and professional assistance, you can be at your top form. What you need to do is find a great workout gym in Palm Springs, CA and stick to your fitness program. It does take lots of effort but it’s certainly worth it!
With a wonderful personal trainer by your side, you’ll know exactly what to do to progress in a fun and safe way. If you’re not sure about how much you should work out to reach your goals, the best thing to do is ask an expert trainer. They’ll design a personalized workout plan for you, keeping in mind your current fitness level and the result you’d like to achieve.
Does working out 30 minutes a day help?
Everyone knows regular exercise helps you live a longer and healthier life, but is this to say you have to spend long hours exercising every single day? It turns out losing weight doesn’t require sweating away at the gym for hours on end. Sometimes, moderate activity for shorter periods is all you need.
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion offers guidelines on how much physical activity you should do to lower health risks and be in better shape. According to their recommendations, doing moderate aerobic exercises for two and a half hours a week is still effective. These include brisk walking and cycling. It’s also advised to combine these cardio exercises with some muscle-strengthening ones, such as weight lifting.
Anything is better than nothing, so if you’ve been leading a sedentary lifestyle for years, give yourself time to ease into doing more strenuous exercise. Working out for only a few minutes a day after being inactive for a while means you’re a step closer to changing your body by working out.
How do you know if you’re exercising too much?
When people are very eager to drastically shed weight at the gym, they sometimes push themselves too hard. However, everyone should be careful not to overdo it because there can be some adverse effects you’d rather avoid. Here are some signs that will tell you if you should cut down on exercising:
- Exhaustion: Persistent fatigue is a cue you shouldn’t ignore. If no amount of coffee can keep you going during the day, then it’s time to reflect on whether the intensity of your workouts is too great.
- Constantly elevated heart rate: If your resting heart rate is higher than normal, it could be that your heart is working overtime due to overly demanding workouts.
- Mood swings: Exhaustion can significantly affect your state of mind, causing mood swings and stress.
- Insomnia: Having trouble sleeping? You could be overstimulated from working your body too hard. And this might be what’s keeping you awake.
- Frequent infections: You’re putting your body under great strain if you’re not giving it time to rest. This compromises your immune system, which can’t fight off germs effectively.
So, take it easy every once in a while. For example, you could enjoy the spectacular sights at Tahquitz Canyon to have a break from all the hard work at the gym
What is the best gym to join?
Wondering if there’s an amazing workout gym in Palm Springs, CA where you’ll feel at home? Then pack up and join us because World Gym Palm Desert is the place for you! With us, you’ll always be looking forward to your next workout session.
We’re friendly, competent and approachable. Our clients accomplish their goals safely and easily. We make sure they beam with joy and feel great in their skin. World Gym Palm Desert will take care of you, body and mind!